Thursday, July 28, 2011

All Us Orphans

Another day at the hospital today. It is such a blessing to be able to hold and love on those children. I am pleased to report that two of the babies in the room I was assigned were taken home. Praise God! The room now has two twin boys 1 1/2 years old, a seven month old boy, and a handicapped little girl which I would estimate to be four or five years old. The good news is that all of them have parents involved in their lives at least partially. There is no way to really describe the joy I have in rocking those babies, giving them a little bit of the love their parents won't or can't.
I can't help but think of God's love for all of us 'orphans' when I'm around those kids. His love, however, is perfect and constant; it never leaves. Since God loved me and changed my life, I want to share that love with someone else. Who better than those who are abandoned?
In Ezekiel 16, the prophet writes symbolically of Israel, speaking of her as an orphan. "No one looked on you with pity...you were thrown out into the open field for on the day you were born, you were despised. Then I passed by...and as you laying there...I said to you, 'Live.'" (Ezekiel 16:5-6) The story goes on to say that God took Israel in and cared for her. This is the picture of the love of God. He loves the unlovely and the unloved; His love knows no limits. His love went as far as the cross for those that betrayed Him. This is the love that I have been entrusted to represent. Wow.
So as I rock those little ones, I'll be doing my best to represent the love that changed my life. Hopefully I can make a difference in theirs too...

2 comments:

  1. I love your heart... Those kids will remember your hugs forever :-)

    ReplyDelete