Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On A Happy Note

One look inside the hospital took me right back to last year. It was so amazing to be back. As soon as I got my room assignment, I all but ran into the room and started interacting with the first kid I could get to. Smiles, hugs, and kisses were lavished on each baby and the joy I had in my heart grew steadily throughout the day. The babies were just what I needed. Although there were some sad stories involving the babies I worked with, the overtone of the day was bright.
Some of the good news I received today was that the genetics floor that we worked on primarily last year is now completely renovated and cleaner than I've ever seen it. Praise God! Also, the nurse I got to work with today treated the babies so well; it was head and shoulders above the interactions I had seen last time I was here. That was also a relief. I wasn't able to find out if any of our babies from last year were still in the hospital but if I do find out, I'll be sure to update you. So all in all, today was a great day.
I am so thankful for the grace and mercy God pours out on me. When I am at my point of breaking, He is there to hold me up. When I am weakest, He is strong on my behalf. Thank you to all those who are lifting me up in prayer each day; I can't tell you how much your prayers mean to me. God will bless you for all you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment